In world of constant hatred and sadness, we need to remember what makes us happy in life. A year and a half ago, I worked with children and I decided to ask them a few questions about happiness. Their ages ranged from four to six years old. Some answers were silly and questionable, but I decided to include them so we can all have a good laugh.
Let’s take a look at what they said!
- Smiling. Many of them said to simply smile, so lets smile more this year 🙂
2. Be helpful. Being kind and showing kindness is important, so let’s do it often.
3. To do something nice. Pay it forward, have you head of this saying? Doing something nice for reason, I’ll give you an example. A few months ago my friend was in a Tim Horton’s drive thru and person in front purchased her coffee. I’m not saying to do that exactly, but maybe something along those lines.
4. If someone gives an outlet cover. Haha well, I’m not sure what to say about this one. I asked the child what he meant and he did mean an actual outlet cover. Interesting, he can say very silly things 🙂
5. Making someone happy. I asked the child in what way and he said to do something the person liked. Sounds good to me 🙂
6. Spending time with family. There is nothing better than spending time people close to you.
7. Being different from other people and you don’t have to be like someone else. I was surprised when I heard my student say something so wise, I guess we cannot underestimate children and we shouldn’t. Be you and no one else!
9. Take away the tears and smile. From an adult point of view, I would say this means picking yourself up when you are down. Keep going forward no matter what!
10. Be giving. The whole point of this post is to show it doesn’t take much to feel happiness, and we can also do a lot to make people happy. As adults we complicate things more than we should, we forget how to be carefree like a child. This year try to find happiness in the small things in life, you don’t need a Ferrari or a mansion to feel happiness.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know what makes you happy.
See you soon 🙂