Welcome back to a new segment I like to call “Sunday Funday”, I will be posting random and fun posts like this one. I hope you like this segment, and if you have any requests for posts do not hesitate to leave me a comment.
As I am looking through my answers for the “Beauty Tag” post, I have noticed my beauty/makeup preferences have changed significantly. I wrote a post like this one in 2013, on my main blog and I used to be makeup obsessed. Now as a 28-year-old, I have changed and I tend to wear less makeup. It feels better to let my skin breathe, nevertheless I still like makeup and have fun shopping for makeup.
Let’s dive right in and find out a bit about my beauty likes and dislikes.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I can’t remember, but I’m pretty sure it was one of those rolls-on lipglosses they used to have in the 90s. Just for the record, those were the best.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I love the Tart mascara, it makes my lashes look extra long. However, I only wear mascara when I got to concerts or some sort of fancy event.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
My preference for foundation coverage has changed dramatically over the past 5 years. I wear less or no makeup at all now, so I prefer light coverage.
4. Favorite high end brand?
Tarte is my favorite, every product they have is to my liking.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I’ve always wanted to try YSL, Chanel and Urban Decay.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
I mainly use drugstore makeup and I love ELF, Revlon, Marcella, and Almay.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No, I’ve never tried them on and I don’t want to. Anything that could touch my eyeballs needs to stay away from me. When I was 11 I had a piece of wood fall in my eye and ever since then, I’ve been very sensitive about my eyes.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Yes, lipstick. Lipstick is a must for me.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Coconut oil, I don’t know if this is considered a beauty product, but it is a life savior for my skin.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Not often, once in a while I will go a buy a makeup item. I buy lipsticks the most, everything else I buy when it runs out.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
Yes, I do. I don’t want to spend more than $40 dollars for makeup. I’ve become a very frugal shopper because I want to spend my money for traveling.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I have a points card with Sephora, I used it when I get enough points and then get a discount on an item.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Covergirl, sorry, but their products are not for me and I don’t like the quality.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Yes, I definitely avoid parabens. That’s number one for me, and I’m trying to switch to organic makeup. I’m actually going to write a blog post about some organic makeup I’m planning to purchase soon.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora and Shoppers DrugMart.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I used to but not anymore because they are certain products my face is used to using. These are products I know for sure won’t make my skin breakout.
18 // Favorite bath and body brand?
I actually haven’t used bath and body works products in four years. Ever since switching to natural products, I’ve haven’t gone back to buy anything from BBW.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Tarte because they are cruelty-free, and their products are to my liking. I especially love their eyeshadows and lipsticks.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love the Tarte packaging because it’s colorful.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I love Emilia Clarke’s makeup.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. Favorite Beauty Gurus
Michelle Phan, Ingrid Nilsen, Zoella, and Jenn I’m.
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
To be honest, not really. I usually find that I only end up using it for just the lips and not the cheeks.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes, especially when I try to do a cat-eye.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion for my eye lids because they are oily. For my face I use nothing.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Absolutely nothing, I only use coconut oil.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
First foundation, then concealer.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No, I like doing makeup for fun, I don’t want to become a pro.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love creating fun looks and how different you can look with makeup. I don’t use makeup anymore as a mask, now I use makeup for fun. Makeup is supposed to be fun and not conceal insecurities. Love yourself the way you are!
Thank you so much for reading! I will be back this week with another post where I’ll talk about the importantance of self-care and much more.
See you soon 🙂